As Nokia made RAW format available in Lumia 1520, we took a chance to test Almalence Super Resolution technology with it.
- Standard image at maximal zoom (pixel-to-pixel crop from the sensor with no resampling) bicubically upsized 2x, and
- 5 Megapixel crop from 19 Megapixel RAW, zoomed 4x with Almalence Super Resolution Zoom
Results in brief
- Noticeable increase of effective resolution
- Simultaneous noise reduction
- Processing time for 5Mpix output at 4x on MSM8974 at 2.3GHz (Lumia 1520 chip set): 0.38 sec
[expand title=”See more examples”]
Nokia’s approach to improving the quality of zoomed images is using higher-resolution sensors. The results of Super Resolution testing clearly show that Almalence’s Super Resolution Zoom is not just an alternative, but a great addition to that approach, providing not only higher resolution and allowing higher zoom levels, but also drastically reducing the noise.